What Is WordPress?
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS). It’s a simple, yet immensely powerful script that helps you create, manage, and share your content easily on the web. Currently WordPress has two versions, WordPress.com (hosted) and WordPress.org (self-hosted). While we do have themes for both versions, all the themes on our site will only work with the WordPress.org (self-hosted) software. You can find our themes for WordPress.org on our theme section.
What Is A Theme?
A theme, template or skin is a ready to use design and layout that you can pop right onto your existing WordPress site. WordPress handles all of the content for you (posts, pages, comments), while the theme transforms that content into a beautiful and clean layout for your visitors to see.
How To Resize Thumbnails on Existing Blog Post?
You can use Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin to automatically resize images in the existing blog posts to match our theme requirements.
How to change Author Avatar?
The theme uses Gravatar to display users avatars and to create or change your Gravatar :
If you have never setup a Gravatar account:
- Register and login to Gravatar. Upon registering, use the same email address that is associated with your WordPress User Profile.
- Upload your photo and associate it with that specific email address.
If you are already registered at Gravatar.com, follow these steps:
- Click on “My Gravatars” .
- click on “Add a New Email” .
- Then, you’ll need to click on “Add a New Image” .
- Upload an image .
- Then select the email address, and then select your image from bottom. Now it’s associated with that email address. Click Save .
- It will take about 5-10 minutes to propagate on the internet, and then will appear on site.
How to Include Google Analytics Tracking Code?
- Copy the code given to you by Google Analytics
- Go to WordPress –> Theme Options page –> Code Embed Settings
- Paste your Google Analytics (or other) tracking code on the “Embed Codes on Header” section. This code will automatically be inserted into the head of your theme on every page.
- Click Save Changes.